Should you send your dog to school?
Thinking about getting a dog? Start here!
Our owner Zoe Sandor – certified professional dog trainer and co-star on Animal Planet’s “Cat vs. Dog!” joined Tim Berthold on Thriving Dog Pawcast to answer all your dog training questions such as:
When should I start training?
What about my rescue?
Does my dog have to go to obedience school?
She gives plenty of tips on:
- Training puppies
- 4 life stages of dogs
- Risks vs. benefits of socializing your dog
- Fun tricks
- [1:44] How Zoe got into dog training
- [6:32] Getting certified as a dog trainer
- [11:01] Your dog’s 4 life stages
- [15:45] Do’s and don’ts with new puppies
- [21:04] How your adult dog mentors your puppy
- [25:42] What you should know about your dog’s adolescent stage
- [34:53] What your TRAINED dog can do
- [37:19] Pet parent homework
- [40:09] How to know if your dog is in secondary FIERCE stage
- [52:43] Tips for rescues