WHY IS PREP SCHOOL RIGHT FOR YOU?
- I want the best dog socialization and dog training environment possible.
- I need my dog to be supervised while I work and I want to maintain their previous dog training.
- I have a new dog (4 months or older) and I want to start them off on the right foot with proper training.
- My dog has trouble responding to my commands around distractions, especially other dogs!
- My dog is timid around new dogs/people and needs extra help to gain confidence and learn before attending a doggy daycare.
- My dog gets too excited when he/she plays with or is meeting other dogs and could benefit from off-leash dog training.
- My dog doesn’t do well at traditional cage-free daycares due to disobedience and regressed behavior from a lack of training courses, structure, or individual attention.
Do I come with my dog to Prep School?
Nope. You drop your dog off in the morning and pick them up in the evening JUST like human school!
What is the earliest I can drop my dog off?
7:30am OR 7:00am for an additional fee.
What is the latest I can pick my dog up?
6:30pm or 7:00pm for an additional fee.
Can someone pick up my dog/ drop off my dog?
Yes! PMP offers School Bus transportation services. There are options to meet the bus at one of the designated Bus Stops OR have the driver pick up/ drop off your pup straight to your home.
Is the mid-day nap really necessary?
Yes! Prep School is extremely mentally challenging. This type of stimulation requires downtime so that the brain can absorb the lessons from the first half of the day and be reinvigorated to accept more during the second half of the day. Spain has it right! Siestas for all!
My dog is enrolled in Part TIme/Alumni, can he/she come on an additional day, outside their normal days?
Yes! We offer the option for you to drop in if space is available.
Is there Prep School on the weekends?
School is closed to the student body on the weekends but is open for group classes and seminars.
Will my dog get homework?
No but you will! Each tuition package comes with a certain amount of in-home private tutoring sessions for you, the Parent! In these sessions you will learn how to reinforce your dogs learned skills in the home environment.
How long does my dog need to attend Prep School?
Three to six consecutive months is recommended as a minimum. Prep School is not a quick fix. It is meant to instill lasting effects. In order to do this, Students need the time to both learn the material and master it.
What is the best age for my dog to start Prep School?
The best age for ANY dog to start training in a facility setting is 4 months as their brains are still relatively spongey and the education tends to leave the biggest impression. However, there is also no WORST age to start training. Students start Prep School at 10 mos, 2 years, or 5 years and STILL obtain huge lasting benefits.
Can I board my dog at Prep School?
Not at this time. We feel the it’s best for students to go home at the end of each day to maintain healthy bodies and minds.